lunes, 19 de septiembre de 2011

MY and only MY weather


Some might say their favorite weather is when the sun is up and it is really hot, summer the time for beach parties and short shorts. Others say when the flowers bloom and the birds sing, spring. Or maybe autumn is their favorite, when everything is red, yellow, orange and brown. Winter is also chosen, because some love to sleep under many blankets and with the sound in your window of rain and wind. To me, my favorite weather is different from all, and not everyone has experience it.  I do not know exactly how I can recall so clearly the day I felt it. It was about three years ago, and I can still feel the breeze of the air in my face. It has been the best weather I have ever been in. When I close my eyes, I can recall it perfectly. It was in the morning, a cloudless day. The first and last time I have ever felt my favorite weather. A sunny, but cold day, strong winds coming through your hair; a Californian day at San Francisco, a morning on a tour boat down the Golden Gate Bridge. Like I have said before, three years ago, and I feel like it happened this morning.  It started like a fun day on a family vacation, a trip to Pier 39, some shopping, snacking and a decision to go on a boat trip that would change my life. It sounds silly that a single weather I have only felt once changed my life, but for some reason it has stayed with me like a photograph that never gets old. Maybe I only experienced this weather while I was on the boat, and the greatness of the underneath of the Golden Gate Bridge made it better.  You could smell the salty ocean of the bay; you could hear the sound of seagulls, sea lions, the boat splashing water, and the annoying tour guy that didn’t say anything funny. There was this big and bright yellow sun in the sky, but you could not feel its warmth; you could barely open your eyes, but it wasn’t hot, it was really cold. I remember how we went out with large wool coats and scarves around our necks. It had a January perfect weather. What mostly make me remember about that day were its crazy winds. My hair was blown like crazy; luckily I ironed it that day, it blown from right to left, back and forth, over and over again. At first I tried to fix it, but at the end I had given up, it was impossible. It was really funny to see how everyone struggled with their hair and with their hats that were blown away. That day by itself would’ve been great, but with that weather it made it perfect. I am that kind of person that can not decide between winter or summer, I am the kind of person who always chooses in between. I love the sun and its warmth, summer clothing, going to the beach, wearing shorts and flip flops, but I do not love being hot. I love a snowy day and how everything gets white, I love winter in Christmas, I love jackets, boots and sweaters, but I do not love having my nose cold. That day I had the choice of having the perfect combination between summer and winter, hot and cold. That day I found my in between, the balance and my perfect weather. I can not remember another day that had that special and incredible weather. I do not choose summer, winter, autumn or spring. I choose something in between. Because to me, the perfect weather was the one I felt on that January morning in the San Francisco Bay. It is only MY and only MY weather.

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario